Monday, May 23, 2011

Influential Artists













Theres always this one certain artist that has moved you the most and has the power to shake you of your chair more than any other artist in the planet. We always have our number one musical hero or muse. In my case it is Tori Amos.

She has influenced me so much. I wanted to write songs like her. Songs I wanted to sing the way she sung. I like to think the way she thinks. Although I could never play the piano the way she does because the piano has always been the hardest instrument for me to learn. She is my ultimate favorite musician and since the day I discovered her music, it seems that no one could ever be more impressive to me but her. I would have a Tori playlist and would listen to it infinitly. Her lyrics to me is poetry and every time I'd analyze it I feel as if I'm starting to get to know her life better and discovering her past and her pains. 

Sometimes I think Tori’s melancholic music is what makes me sad sometimes. Thats how she affects me strongly. I am a cheerful and positive person but somehow when I listen to her I'd always can't escape the idea of going back to all my pains. Yet sometimes it is also healthy to savor your pain and cry about it but remember not to wallow about it for too long or else it wont be pretty. 

 Then I realized that her individuality and music should only serve as an inspiration to be the best that I could be with the kind of music that I can offer and with the person that I am; different from anybody else. I shouldn’t write or play or sing like Tori. I should write,sing and play music as myself and somehow inspire other people to be their own hero or muse to others too.

How about you? Who influenced your music the most!? Post it here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Indie Band News
If you have news and anything about your band, please post it here. If you want your demos/EP/album reviewed, holler at us! Anything about the underground scene.

Let's support each other and keep the industry alive. :) ask us anything at FormSpring

View Complete Profile